Pages

Friday 29 April 2016

Reflecting...

I have a blog! Finally..after a year of running my shop from my tiny phone screen I decided to get a computer and I can tell it will make my life much easier, lol. AND before I, the queen of procrastination can start procrastinating my first ever blog post, here we are! 


ally sews...collars ;)

I've been really stressed out lately...my inability to say no, the late nights/long hours at the sewing 
machine that comes with being a one person business, wholesale orders and just putting way too 
much pressure on myself had all built up and hit me pretty hard if I'm honest. I realise now that I can't do it ALL perfect, which as a perfectionist is really hard to take. As of January I am officially a grown up  ;) - so time to take responsibility and try and find ways to improve, while also admitting I'm definitely not and will never be 100% perfect at everything and that's okay. We can't please every customer can we?






The past 15 months have been c r a z y though. 800 sales, me learning and discovering so much about myself as a creative, meeting all these amazing people (you!) who've made it possible, having so much fun designing and sewing clothing, being introduced by all my amazing customers to the world of sewing for dolls. To think this time last year I was waking up every morning with fingers crossed waiting for my first order...it's crazy.
To anyone who's ordered from me, or even just a left a comment on my Instagram or elsewhere, thank you!!! I had no idea what I wanted to do with myself before all this but now I know my future will definitely involve making things every day. :)

I'm excited because I have big plans, for this blog, my shop, life...
Fun projects coming soon xx
- ally

1 comment:

  1. Hi Ally I'm so glad you got a blog! Welcome to the doll blogging community! Can't wait to see your posts! Also getting my own computer was one of the best things ever! >.<
    -Lydia
    Lydia's Dolls

    ReplyDelete