Pages

Saturday 30 April 2016

Marie-Grace


 

new doll has joined my #dollsquad. Marie-Grace! I have a small collection of five now. Did I really need five American Girl dolls? No. I may or may not turn into that weird lady who lives alone with a million cats, except it'll be dolls. I'll keep telling myself they're 'for the business' when really I just like dressing them up hehe.
I can feel them staring at me with contempt while I'm sewing Barbie clothes. 'Make us something!!! 
Enough crazy doll lady talk. Whenever I get a new doll (ok...pretty much every day) I sew a new set of clothes. First up I made a floral suspender skirt and tee. I love Art Gallery Knits! The colour selection is amazing. Look at that peach colour! *insert heart eyes emoji*


 

Next I made a leggings/tee set. I bought this adorable heart print knit, from the 'Paperie' line from Art Gallery. I made a tee in 2 peachy colours and sewed a big heart on the front to match her leggings!



I've been seeing all these adorable little-girl pinafores being made on Instagram/Pinterest so I tried making one in doll size. I love how it turned out!! Pretty simple to make too, just lots of rectangles cut to specific measurements and a lot of topstitching lol! I plan to put together a tutorial to make one here on the blog!! I used this gorgeous shabby-chic floral I bought from a destash and some dotted swiss, I am imagining it in Liberty florals though..how cute would that be!!?? I am a BIG fan of flutter sleeves too, as you probably already know ;)


How cute is she!!?
Ugggghhh I really just want to drop everything and make 50 of these, haha! 


 
What are you all making this weekend? xx

-ally


No comments:

Post a Comment